Thursday, September 12, 2013

“What I Have Taken this Class For”


Five years ago I did not speak a word of English but I set my mind to work hard and acquire my new language. When I first began school in this country I was hungry to learn, therefore, I would sit hours at home with a dictionary in my hand, translating and looking up key words in order to complete one homework assignment. College is my opportunity to shine and to achieve great things but I will only be able to do so by knowing appropriate and professional English. In this class I commit myself to learn more vocabulary and to be able to express myself without using too many words. I believe that this class will help me to be a better writer and a better speaker by not repeating myself over and over again. I will give my full potential in class and outside the classroom so that I can accomplish my goal and be able to excel in this competitive world.

No comments:

Post a Comment